Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pantai Pasir Tengkorak, Langkawi


I've been working on a new piece this past week.

It's something on Langkawi where my wife and I had gone on our honeymoon. I remember my wife wanted to go and swim at Pantai Pasir Tengkorak. We decided to wake up very early one morning so that we would be the only ones at the beach. By the time we reached there, there was only us and a mat salleh.

It was so quiet and peaceful and the water was so cold!

I can remember that my wife (we just got married a few days before that) was very happy swimming with me.

This piece is about seven by five feet long. A view of the Andaman Sea by the Pasir Tengorak Beach, under some shady trees next to the Ibrahim Hussein Gallery, at noon.
While this piece is almost ready, I've also stretched a couple more of my canvas to do some sunsets simultaneously.

No comments: